1.) The Dance Community
2.) Hispanic Community
3.) The Whitney Young Community
I love being a part of the dance community. I grew up in a family that loves to dance, so it just comes naturally to me. When I was younger my mom let me join ballet classes to get formally trained, but that didn't last for long because I grew tired of it and quit! I said that I would never dance again, but... now I am in Dance III in my high school. I enjoy dance so much and I get to do it everyday as a grade!
Now that I have been taking dance classes for a while, I have been more involved in my school, passing out flyers for dance shows and staying afterschool. This year we are having a fund-raising event to help pay for things we need (like costumes) called "Dance-a-Day" in which you pay for dance classes for an entire day! So not only are we busy doing tondues and plies but were also being involved in the community (the Whitney Young community).
Thanks to the dance class that I have been taking in Whitney Young, I have been honestly thinking about majoring in dance to pursue it as a career. I love being able to say that I am part of such an amazing and exciting community. All of us dancers stick together to get things done and be proud of being dancers, especially of all the hard work we've put in!
No comments:
Post a Comment