In Crèvecour's Letters From an American Farmer, Crèvecour describes America many times as comparing it to other things. One of the things he compares America to is an asylum, place of refuge. Back then America was greatly know as the "land of the free", and we might not think of it that way much anymore but it is still true for many. Today people still imigrate to America in search for better opportunities, or better living environments (refuge). He also well defines America as a melting pot, being so that America is formed with people of different races all merged together. I've heard the U.S. described as a melting pot so many times, because it is so true even today. In America, you can literallly accomplish anything you want in no matter your race or religion. It actually is a place of refuge because not a whole lot of countries have the opportunities that you can recieve here. Almost everything in America is based on the people's opinion, we are not a monarchy, like most countries were back in the 18th century.
Word Count: 182

I agree that America is a melting pot because I see a variety of people everywhere I go like when I’m at school or in a bus. I feel very happy that we have a democracy instead of a monarchy because people are able to represent themselves and have their opinions heard. They’re not forced to follow unfair laws or be oppressed by harsh rulers. Instead, everyone is free to be who they want and can follow their dreams.
ReplyDeleteWord Count: 79
The picture of the American melting pot is what caught my attention and the fact that America is a melting pot is one of my favorite things about being American. I love learning about different cultures because they really interest me, and in America it is so easy to learn more about them and how they all mesh together because of all of the different people and cultures we have here.
ReplyDelete(Word count= 71)