Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Response to Crucible Act II

     I found this part of the Crucible to be somewhat humorous, mainly because of the conversation between Proctor and his wife. I secretly think that Proctor is still cheating on her because of the way he reacts to her accussations, he threatens to whip her.
     I find that Proctor seems to have anger problems, he easily lost it in this act of the Crucible. It was also very ironic that, when saying the commandments, he forgot the one of committing adultery. Perhaps he might've not said it on purpose, maybe he doesn't want to think about it. Or there is also the small chance that he is still having an affair, which is why he forgot to mention it. I personally think that his wife should've left him when she found out, I'm not sure how the divorce laws worked back then but it would've been fair since he was not truly faithful. If I were her I would've have left him because of the affair AND his attitude, he's not worth it.


Word Count: 173

No comments:

Post a Comment