Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Response to Crucible Act III

     I believe that this was both the longest and most action packed acts in the Crucible. This whole act is placed in the courthouse where they question Proctor and Giles, and others. Throughout the questioning Proctor confesses that he had an affair to prove that Abigail has evil inside of her, but when they question Elizabeth about it she lies and Proctor is sent to jail. This really upset me because Proctor finally steps up to the plate, and in some way apologies to his wife by putting Abigail on the spot, and they send HIM to jail. He finally does right and he gets punished for it, I have finally forgiven Proctor.
     I also find it astounding how all the girls (Abigail, Susana, and Mercy) all fake that Mary Warren is trying to "send her soul upon them. Seriously, did they all practice this before the trials? I find them to be the biggest liars of all because this whole witch thing in Salem pretty much started with them!

Word Count: 171

No comments:

Post a Comment