When we first started reading and evaluating the crucible I was not into it because I did not understand what the whole conflict of this particular time period was. I was not fully intrigued nor interested in this particular play until the very end of Act number three. The very end of Act number three was the height of excitement in the play we are reading.
The crucible became very interesting because many characters were starting to be questioned, sentenced, and killed due to the belief of witchcraft. My favorite character of this play would have to be, well more like characters/ couple, John and Elizabeth Proctor. I feel like they were the most affected characters of the play because of the affair conflict they had with Abigail. I really disliked Abigail in this play because I felt that she was very self-centered and very conceided in that she felt that she felt she could controll everyone that she talked to. I also find her to be very evil because of her affair with Proctor, lying in court, and wanting to kill Elizabeth 9although eventually killing Proctor at the end of the play).
For the play, as a whole, I found it to very interesting and it's nothing like I have ever been required to read in any class before. I have never read about religion, or a story with religion, in classs before and this was avery different point of view of religion than I would have expected it to be, very holy and nice.
Word Count: 256
No comments:
Post a Comment